So, you are at a crossroad wondering if Scuba Diving is really for you and would like to learn more without going through a certification process. Why not let us try to convince you by trying our NAUI Try Scuba program?
The NAUI Try Scuba program allows you to experience breathing underwater and seeing marine life without going through a certification course. It is a one day program where our qualified NAUI Instructor will teach you basic skills required for you to dive safely and enjoyably. After practicing these skills, your NAUI Instructor will watch over you and lead you on 2 dives. Your safety and positive experience is always our concern.
The program will be conducted on Sapi Island, in our opinion, one of the nicest places to learn diving because of the gentle slope underwater and the often calm seas.
What Are the Requirements?
To be able to join in the fun, you must be at least 10 years old and in good health.
- Meet at Jesselton Point at 8:45 a.m. This is where we will help you choose the right size wetsuit, BCD and fins for you.
- Head out to Tunku Abdul Rahman Park Sapi Island.
- Learn basic skills and go on first dive from the shore.
- Go on second dive from a boat.
- Break for barbecue lunch.
- Head back to Jesselton Point at 3:00 p.m.
What to Bring Along
- Swimsuit, an extra change of clothes, towel and sunscreen.
- Some cash.
- Drinking water.
How Much Does the Try Scuba Program Cost?
The Try Scuba Program costs MYR300 per person. But if there are 2 or more persons in your group, then the cost is MYR250 per person.
|No. of Persons||Price|
|1||MYR 400 per person|
|2 or more||MYR 350 per person|
The cost includes
- Transfers by boat between Jesselton Point and Sapi Island
- 2 dives lead under the watchful eye of your NAUI Instructor
- Barbecue lunch on Sapi Island
- All Sabah State Government Fees including Jesselton Point Jetty Fee, Sabah Parks Conservation Fee and Diving Permit Fee.
For your reference the Sabah State Government Fees are:
|Jesselton Point Terminal Fee||MYR 7.20 per person (MYR 3 for children under 12 years of age)||MYR 7.20 per person (MYR 3 for children under 12 years of age)|
|Sabah Parks Conservation Fee||MYR 3 per person (MYR 1 for children under 18 years of age)||MYR 10 per person (MYR 6 for children under 18 years of age)|
|Sabah Parks Diving Permit||MYR 20 per person||MYR 50 per person|
We can also help you crate a customised itinerary.
Get in touch with us by calling +6016 812 0101 or Facebook Messenger @divingkotakinabalu.